Work with ElementalJoin a small but passionate team dedicated to providing expert service and advice on rainscreen facades
Commercial & Technical Support Manager
We are a small import & distribution company supplying specialist Rainscreen and Sub-frame products into the construction industry, based in the Sandyford area.
Due to the growth of the business, we have an opportunity for a Commercial and Technical Support Manager to work closely with the Sales Team on Pricing Sales Opportunities, providing Aftersales Technical Support to Architects/Contractors as well as Managing the Purchasing/Drop-Shipping Delivery/Invoicing Process between Suppliers and Customers.
The ideal candidate with have the following background/experience:
- Construction experience essential, ideally in Small to Medium Sized Business
- Experience in Product Costing
- Experience in sourcing procurement
- Understanding of Logistics & Delivery to Site
- Experience of managing people
- Experience in the coordination of timely deliveries to site
- Being proactive in dealing with customer technical issues, before, during and after installation of our products.
The candidate will also possess the following attributes:
- Attention to detail and a high degree of accuracy.
- Have an Organised & Systematic way of working
- They must be a team player especially as this is a small company
- The role involves a lot of interaction with customers, suppliers and professionals and therefore necessitates the person has the following:
- A very high standard of written and spoken English
- Is comfortable dealing with people both in person and on the phone
- Is calm and courteous under pressure
- Has a pleasant and positive demeanour
- Strong Customer Service Ethic
- They must enjoy problem solving and be able to work comfortably on their own initiative
- They must have a high degree of proficiency in MS Office (Word and Excel, specifically) and ideally have some experience operating Accounts/ERP and CRM Systems.
- There will be a steep learning curve in the role so the candidate must be open to learning and be easily able to ask for help and guidance.
- They must be interested in improving the business, as a whole, and be prepared to contribute to systems and process improvement.
- They should be able to demonstrate a strong personal drive, interest in their work and be committed to their own learning and personal development.
Details of Role
Project Costing & Estimating
- Work with the Sales Team to accurately prepare costings & estimates for project quotations.
- Liaise with Suppliers/Manufacturers as appropriate.
- Contribute technical information and product specification data and materials to the quotation process.
- Deal with queries arising from Architects/Contractors in relation to the technical aspects of application and installation of products.
- Upon receipt of confirmed Sales Orders, commence the process of communicating with Suppliers and raising Purchase Orders
- Liaise with Suppliers on delivery
- Approve Supplier Invoices
- Operate and maintaining the Sales & Purchase Processes within the Accounts/CRM/ERP System
Oversight of Staff Member dealing with:
- Handle Customer Queries/Issues re: Outstanding Orders
- Follow up on Delivery Dates/Supplier Issues & keep Customers appraised
- Arrange carriers to collect & deliver
- Ensure timely and secure deliveries to construction sites
- Issue Sales Invoices
- Follow up on Cash Collection
A generous renumeration package depending on experience. If interested please send your CV and covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org